Each studio is equipped with a Hepa Filter
air purifier and air circulation fan
Portrait Painting from a Photograph for Beginners with Instructor Connie Lee - SOLD OUT
Painting a person from a photograph may seem daunting to beginners but in this workshop, Connie makes it much less intimidating. She will walk you through a step-by-step approach in the fundamental principles of portrait painting from photos: drawing, measurements and proportion, value, temperature, background and so much more. Learn to simplify the process as you paint portraits with personality through confident brushwork, good colour choices and strong composition. Connie will give you the tools, techniques, and the confidence to enjoy painting portraits. Lots of demonstrations, and individual feedback. This workshop is best suited to beginners with some drawing skills who understand colour mixing. Materials List. *** Please note special instruction included in the materials list page.
This 2-day workshop takes place:
Saturday & Sunday, December 9 & 10
10:00 am to 3:00 pm (please bring your lunch)
Cost: $70.00 OAS member: 60.00
About Connie Lee:
Connie was born and raised in South Korea. Fascinated by art, she constantly drew throughout her youth, and was especially drawn to realistic illustrations which effectively conveyed depth of emotions. She came to Canada to study Visual and Creative Arts at Sheridan College. During her studies, she learned about the world of portrait arts and was immediately captivated by the beauty of individual personalities, and the various techniques and methods of depicting them. She has worked on cultivating techniques and artistic intuition through the eye of a portrait artist and has many years of experience in completing commission work. Connie has continued her journey of capturing interesting personalities and is committed to teaching and guiding students to develop the skills needed to create expressive portraits.
There is a $25.00 administrative fee, will be issued if you withdraw from a workshop 14 days prior to the first day of class. If withdrawal is made after this date, the total registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no discounts, refunds, credits or transfers for classes not attended. A full refund will be issued if there is insufficient enrollment or if OAS cancels the class. If you have questions about these policies please call before you enroll. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to email@example.com.
**Acclaimed Artist Workshops
A deposit of $300 is applied as a pre-payment of an acclaimed artist workshop. A refund, less a $75.00 administrative fee, will be issued if you withdraw from this workshop 3 months prior to the start of the workshop date. If withdrawal is made after this date, the total deposit fee is non-refundable. There will be no discounts, refunds, credits or transfers for workshop not attended due to illness, emergencies or events beyond our control. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should this workshop is cancelled by us; all money will be promptly refunded. If you have questions about these policies please call before you enroll.
All our instructors are experienced artists who have made a special time commitment to bring you the best of their expertise and to help you develop artists in the media of your choice. Whether you are new to art, or have experience, you will benefit from the accumulated knowledge and skill of each these talented instructors.
The Fine Print :
- When you sign up online you will receive a class confirmation emailed to you
- Registrations must be received a minimum of one week prior to class start
- Adult classes are geared to ages 18+.
- Adult students provide their own supplies.
- Please note that NO turpentine/linseed oil based solvents will be permitted. Oil painters must clean their brushes with vegetable oil or soap & water. Alternately, water-based oil paints are available at all art suppliers.
- Start dates are estimates only and may be subject to change.
- All students have the right to learn in a positive and creative environment. If any student disrupts the learning of others, or is disrespectful towards others, he or she will be given one warning by the instructor. In the case of a child the parent/guardian will be notified in writing by the program coordinator. Failure to correct the disruptive behaviour will result in the student's removal from the course with no reimbursement of fees.
- The OAS does not offer make-up classes for students who are unable to attend scheduled classes.
- Payment must accompany registration. You may pay for your classes and workshops through our secure payment gateway. These are secured transactions and your credit card information is never stored. If you wish, you may ask to have a Paypal invoice sent to you.
The OAS is a registered Canadian charitable organization.
We are wheelchair accessible.