Adult WorkshopsJoin the OAS as an Art Instructor
Each studio is equipped with a Hepa Filter
air purifier and air circulation fan
Painting Landscape with Palette Knife in Oil with Instructor Maria Iva
Palette knife painting is a thick application of paint that results in a heavily textured surface and requires the artist to "let go" of details. In this workshop, Maria will teach you how to create light filled landscapes in oil with beautiful texture and depth using the impasto technique. She will take you, step-by-step, through the processes of colour mixing, underpainting, texture, colour and composition. This workshop is intuitive, focusing on strokes and movement rather than perfect realism. Workshop is suitable to experienced beginners who wish to develop and expand their own particular painting styles. Materials List
This workshop takes place:
Sunday, November 20
10:00 am to 3:00 pm (Please bring your lunch)
Cost: $100.00 OAS member: $90.00
Please note: Non-medical mask or face covering is still mandatory. Please do not sign up for this workshop if you are unable to comply. Entry will be denied without mask.
About Maria Iva
Maria is a nature lover and a tireless hiker. She finds her inspiration in exploring wilderness areas of Southern Ontario. She often paints scenes that fascinate her on location with soft pastels on sanded paper and later recreates them on canvas in her studio in oil using a palette knife. Her pastel paintings are usually quick plein air sketches that capture the light and the feeling of the scene. Her oil paintings are much bigger pieces that are richly textured and colored. Using wet-on-wet technique she applies thick palette knife strokes that create depth and plenty of details. In both media Maria uses clean vibrant colors that allow her to demonstrate the effect of sunlight on the scene. Maria started painting after having a successful career in education and in a short time achieved a professional level that allowed her to exhibit and sell her work. Maria is an Elected Member of the Society of Canadian Artists and a Master Signature Member of the Pastel Artist Canada. She lives and works in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
There is a $25.00 administrative fee, will be issued if you withdraw from a workshop 14 days prior to the first day of class. If withdrawal is made after this date, the total registration fee is non-refundable. There will be no discounts, refunds, credits or transfers for classes not attended. A full refund will be issued if there is insufficient enrollment or if OAS cancels the class. If you have questions about these policies please call before you enroll. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Acclaimed Artist Workshops
A deposit of $300 is applied as a pre-payment of an acclaimed artist workshop. A refund, less a $75.00 administrative fee, will be issued if you withdraw from this workshop 3 months prior to the start of the workshop date. If withdrawal is made after this date, the total deposit fee is non-refundable. There will be no discounts, refunds, credits or transfers for workshop not attended due to illness, emergencies or events beyond our control. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to email@example.com. Should this workshop is cancelled by us; all money will be promptly refunded. If you have questions about these policies please call before you enroll.
All our instructors are experienced artists who have made a special time commitment to bring you the best of their expertise and to help you develop artists in the media of your choice. Whether you are new to art, or have experience, you will benefit from the accumulated knowledge and skill of each these talented instructors.
The Fine Print :
- When you sign up online you will receive a class confirmation emailed to you
- Registrations must be received a minimum of one week prior to class start
- Adult classes are geared to ages 18+.
- Adult students provide their own supplies.
- Please note that NO turpentine/linseed oil based solvents will be permitted. Oil painters must clean their brushes with vegetable oil or soap & water. Alternately, water-based oil paints are available at all art suppliers.
- Start dates are estimates only and may be subject to change.
- All students have the right to learn in a positive and creative environment. If any student disrupts the learning of others, or is disrespectful towards others, he or she will be given one warning by the instructor. In the case of a child the parent/guardian will be notified in writing by the program coordinator. Failure to correct the disruptive behaviour will result in the student's removal from the course with no reimbursement of fees.
- The OAS does not offer make-up classes for students who are unable to attend scheduled classes.
- Payment must accompany registration. You may pay for your classes and workshops through our secure payment gateway. These are secured transactions and your credit card information is never stored. If you wish, you may ask to have a Paypal invoice sent to you.
- Weather-related closures will be posted on Twitter
The OAS is a registered Canadian charitable organization.
We are wheelchair accessible.