OAS Pandemic Protocols
We have been monitoring the current COVID-19 situation. Your health and well being is our top priority.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments pending any
further recommendations made by the health authorities
Please take care and stay healthy!
Canadians coming back to the country from travelling abroad are legally required to self-isolate for 14 days in an effort to curb the spread of the new coronavirus.
The following is based on what we know right now and any of the items listed below may change between now
and when classes start, subject to Public Health directives..
Current OAS Pandemic protocols :
• Mandatory masks or face covering indoors at all times (students to supply their own) Oakville By-law 47-20
• Students will be denied access without mask or face covering that cover nose, mouth and chin
• Posted new directives for entry into the building on the doors into each studio.
• The studios have been arranged and tables and chairs marked with a minimum of 6 feet.
• Demo areas are marked off where students can gather around and maintain social distance.
• Easels will not be available – however students can bring in their own table top ones
• Instructors will no longer go from table to table to help but instead we encourage students to place their art
on the instructor's desk/ easel and get help from a proper distance.
• The classes will be limited to 10
• Office will be locked entry only via the gallery or front entry door
• There will be no children’s classes until further notice.
• Instructors will take attendance every class
• All students must bring their own water containers
• All students must bring their own table covers
• The kitchen will be closed- everyone will have to bring own beverages
• The library is no longer available
• Disinfectant and paper towels will be available to all
• Common surfaces will be cleaned regularly
• There will be no extra tables and chairs