Adult Fine Jewellery Classes 18+
Cost of jewellery classes do not include materials
Please read our refund policy before signing up for any class
Adult Jewellery Classes – Mondays
304JA: Jewellery Metal Clay
Level 2 to 3
Instructor: Jenn Jevons
Mondays, 7 pm to 10 pm
This class is 4 weeks beginning April 3
Cost: $195 + $125 (+HST) for the toolkit, payable to the instructor
If you have ever wondered about how to get started using silver metal clay, this is the workshop for you! Learn about the different forms of silver clay, proper handling and storing as well as cutting, sanding, and polishing. We will complete three projects; a stamped charm, a relief pendant, and a hollow bead. I’ll also show you how I polish and finish the metal surface, and I will share my tips for applying a patina! Projects will be both torch and kiln fired, and choosing the appropriate method will be thoroughly demonstrated.
Materials and supplies for in-class projects plus a starter toolkit are included in the course fee. 20 grams of Art Clay Silver is included.
The amount of Art Clay Silver needed for your projects will be driven by the size of the pieces you wish to make. Extra clay will be on hand for purchase.
For more information, please visit www.metalclayatelier.ca.
This class is limited to only 6 students to allow lots of personal attention.
Sorry - Class unavailable
In the event that the required number of registrants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the class up to one day prior to the starting date.
Student withdrawals, 7 days prior to class start, will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
Payments for classes cancelled by the OAS will be fully refunded.
Please note: Due to the nature of our operation there will be absolutely no refunds given one week before the starting date of a class.
All withdrawals must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print :
- When you signup online you will receive a class confirmation emailed to you
- Registrations must be received a minimum of one week prior to class start
- Adult classes are geared to ages 18+.
- Adult students provide their own supplies.
- Please note that NO turpentine/linseed oil based solvents will be permitted. Oil painters must clean their brushes with vegetable oil or soap & water. Alternately, water-based oil paints are available at all art suppliers.
- Start dates are estimates only and may be subject to change.
- All students have the right to learn in a positive and creative environment. If any student disrupts the learning of others, or is disrespectful towards others, he or she will be given one warning by the instructor. In the case of a child the parent/guardian will be notified in writing by the program coordinator. Failure to correct the disruptive behaviour will result in the student's removal from the course with no reimbursement of fees.
- The OAS does not offer make-up classes for students who are unable to attend scheduled classes.
- Payment must accompany registration. You may pay for your classes and workshops through our secure payment gateway. These are secured transactions and your credit card information is never stored. If you wish, you may ask to have a Paypal invoice sent to you.
- Weather-related closures will be posted on the front page of our website under the “What's Happening Now at OAS” header before the start of class.
Gift Certificates :
Give your friends and loved ones something special Gift certificates are available at the OAS and may be applied to a class or workshop of choice. We have many popular classes, so encourage early sign ups
Gift certificates are valid for two years from the date of purchase and can be redeemed for a class or workshop offered by the OAS, either onsite or offsite.
If the class/workshop is cancelled by the OAS for any reason, the Gift Certificate is still valid with its original expiry date.
Classes/workshops are filled on a first-come basis.
The OAS is a registered Canadian charitable organization.
We are wheelchair accessible.